Tuesday, November 3, 2009

RYAN LESLIE-- "Transition" (Rating 5/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(One of THIS WEEK's "Featured Artists")

You ever listen to an artist and automatically get sprung off of their image, swagger, sound, and voice? Yeah, well...RYAN LESLIE had that effect on me. (Hold on...let me compose myself!) There is something undeniably sexy about a man (or woman) who is highly intelligent and remarkably talented. Upon having graduated from Harvard University at the age of nineteen with a degree in Government, RYAN LESLIE pursued a music career. He convinced his parents to loan him money for a production studio; soon after, he ended up landing an internship with producer Younglord. It was during this time that RYAN LESLIE started to establish his presence as an up-and-coming producer. After people like Diddy and Tommy Mottola offered him various forms of opportunities, RYAN LESLIE created a debut album entitled "Just Right". The album was never released due to differences between the label and LESLIE himself.

His official eponymous debut album was released in February of 2009 after the staggered release of THREE singles over the course of two years ("Diamond Girl", "Addiction" featuring Cassie and Fabolous, and "How It Was Supposed To Be"). Little did I expect that almost nine months later, RYAN LESLIE was going to release his sophomore album "Transition". This album was entirely written, produced, arranged, and engineered by LESLIE himself. The lead single "You're Not My Girl" is just a small dose of the irrevocably seductive tone the album sets. RYAN LESLIE's baritone is enough to make you succumb to just about anything...and I say that with a strict seriousness. While everyone gets hyped over Usher, Ne-Yo, and what not...here's someone whose music deliberately takes you by the hand for a joyride of unexpected surprises in the form of thriving sex appeal and heart-pounding rhythms.

Every track on this album speaks loud and clear to me...I'm just amazed at how awesome this guy is. "Something That I Like", "Nothin'", and "Guardian Angel" are some of my favorites. The last track on the STANDARD VERSION of the album entitled "I Choose You" is one of the most beautiful ballads I've ever heard about choosing someone over all the other forces in life. The DELUXE VERSION of the album includes the tracks "Promise Not 2 Call", as well as "Rescue U", a song whose old-school R&B sound is satisfying in itself. The standout track for me out of the extra tracks is the song "When We Dance". With lyrics like "(Uh huh) I wanna make the rain come down/So loud, everyone can hear the sound/You're screaming like a bad girl now/I'll show you how I bring it out...", it's easy to see why I say RYAN LESLIE's music has the ability to make the strongest person weak and submissive.

Pick up "Transition" today if you want a break out of the norm. RYAN LESLIE is a gifted performer and it truly shows in his brand new album.

Songs that I Thoroughly Enjoyed From the Album:
• Never Gonna Break Up
• Zodiac
• Is It Real Love
• You're Not My Girl
• To the Top
• All My Love
• I Choose You
• Promise Not 2 Call
• Rescue U

BONUS TRACKS
(Deluxe Album Version)
• When We Dance
• Promise Not 2 Call
• Rescue U

From RYAN LESLIE's new album "Transition", here's "When We Dance..."



From the same album, here's "Nothin'..." (Not full album version)



RYAN LESLIE
"You're Not My Girl"
From the 2009 album "Transition"
Directed by Anthony Mandler
(4.18)





REVIEW COMING UP THURSDAY and FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5th and 6th, 2009:
BRITNEY SPEARS-- "The Singles Collection" (STANDARD VERSION and FAN BOX SET)

After TEN YEARS of being in the music industry, BRITNEY SPEARS returns with her second "greatest hits" compilation. The BabyboiCampbells Review will take you on an in-depth tour through all of her singles, giving you a run-down as to why SPEARS is one of the most memorable performers of today!

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment