Monday, November 23, 2009

ANGIE STONE-- "Unexpected" (Rating 5/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(One of this week's "Featured Artists")

ANGIE STONE knows Neo-Soul like no one else. She's come a long way from when her career started in the early 1980s. She now returns with this absolutely relaxing album that came about very "Unexpected".

Out of any of the other albums released today, this is the one that makes you feel warm and good inside. ANGIE STONE takes you on a trip through various stories throughout the album...as always, making you reflect if you listen very closely to the lyrics. "Maybe" is one of my personal favorites as she talks about not wanting to hear the word "maybe" when it comes to the direction of the relationship she's in. Most people want to give "words of uncertainty" (as I call them) instead of just being upfront about how they feel...and that can tend to be really irritating. "I Don't Care" is an anthem and dedication to the haters in ANGIE STONE's life. I definitely relate to it right now in my life...trust me, there's a large amount of people that are just waiting to get satisfaction out of seeing me fail...and I just can't let them have it. There are some sweeter moments on the album and those are present on the sexy "Kiss All Over Your Body" and the heartfelt "I Found a Keeper".

Despite all these other albums released today that have SO much going on production-wise, "Unexpected" is definitely a chill album...something that I would listen to while I drove through the South and East Sides of the Chi. (Good thing I no longer have a car...!) I highly recommend that you listen to ANGIE STONE...she really does feed the soul with her music.

Songs that I Really Enjoyed from the Album:
• I Ain't Hearin' You
• Free
• Hey Mr. DJ
• Why Is It
• Tell Me
• Think Sometimes
• I Found a Keeper

(At the time of this review, no music clips were available from ANGIE STONE's album "Unexpected")


ANGIE STONE
"I Ain't Hearin' You"
From the album ”Unexpected"
Directed by Willie Woodruff
(3.28)




COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment