Monday, November 23, 2009

BOYZ II MEN-- "Love" (Rating 5/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

This outstanding R&B group returns with another album filled with covers from some of the most influential songs of the past few decades. BOYZ II MEN shows us that, despite losing a long time member to the group (Michael McCary), they still go on strong recording some amazing music.

"Love" features music originally done by Bonnie Raitt, Lonestar, Goo Goo Dolls, The Spinners, and more...with a spin that only BOYZ II MEN can put on it. My Babyboi is right on point when it comes to this group's ability to harmonize flawlessly. On "Can't Make You Love Me" (one my personal favorite songs of ALL time), the group's rendition is somewhat more uplifting. (Remember that the original track was very melancholy.) I've also already admitted that I enjoyed their version of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time", which normally would've made me cringe upon hearing the first note of the introduction. Other favorites of mine include "Iris" and "When I Fall In Love" featuring Michael Bublé.

What I would really like to hear is a full-length album from these guys. BOYZ II MEN's music really does have some strong memories for me...and I would to continue to make more with their style and music.

Songs that I Really Enjoyed from the Album:
• If You Leave Me Now (Originally performed by Chicago)
• Misty Blue (Originally performed by Bob Montgomery)
• Time After Time (Originally performed by Cyndi Lauper)
• Iris (Originally performed by Goo Goo Dolls)
• Cupid (Originally performed by Sam Cooke)
• In My Life (Originally performed by The Beatles)
• Shining Star (Originally performed by The Manhattans)
• Open Arms (Originally performed by Journey)
• When I Fall In Love featuring Michael BublĂ© (Originally performed by Doris Day)
• Back For Good (Originally performed by Take That)

From BOYZ II MEN's new album "Love", here's "I Can't Make You Love Me..."



(At the time this review was being posted, no music video for BOYZ II MEN's current single was available.)

BONUS TRACKS
(iTunes Store)
• Open Arms (Vocal Version)


REVIEWS COMING UP NEXT TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1st, 2009:
R. KELLY-- "Untitled"
ALLISON IRAHETA-- "Just Like You"
COSCULLUELA-- "El Principe"

Does R. KELLY have what it takes to bring it back to his old school R&B roots? How will ALLISON IRAHETA compare to all the other American Idol contestants that have music careers right now? And is COSCULLUELA the new face of Reggaeton? CHECK BACK HERE NEXT WEEK as I give the answer to these questions and a whole lot more on TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1st, 2009!

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment