Wednesday, November 18, 2009

JOHN MAYER-- "Battle Studies" (Rating 3/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

JOHN MAYER returns with his fourth studio album entitled "Battle Studies". Earlier in the decade, MAYER became the recipient of a few Grammy Awards himself after having won the award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance (2002's "Your Body Is a Wonderland") . On this album, however, he decided to take a different musical direction...and for the most part, it works.

Calling it an "experimental" album, MAYER recruited Taylor Swift, Pino Palladino, and Steve Jordan to collaborate with him on "Battle Studies". It's simply just average to me. Songs on the album either had the power to move me in somewhat of a way or put me right to sleep. The highlights for me came with the opening track to the album entitled "Heartbreak Warfare" and "Perfectly Lonely". I think that if you want something to relate to and bring your spirits up...listen to these songs. As far as the rest of the album goes, like I said...it's alright...and will definitely be an album for someone who is a fan of MAYER. Anyone else on the other hands...sorry, but MAYER didn't persuade me hard enough to want to leave my house to search for his album and buy it.

Songs that I Somewhat Enjoyed from the Album:
• All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye
• Half of My Heart featuring Taylor Swift
• Assassin
• Edge of Desire
• Do You Know Me
• Friends, Lovers, or Nothing

From JOHN MAYER's new album "Battle Studies", here's "Heartbreak Warfare..."



From the same album, here's "Perfectly Lonely..."



BONUS TRACKS
(iTunes Store)
• I'm On Fire
• Who Says (Music Video)
• Who Says (Making of Music Video)


JOHN MAYER
"Who Says"
From the 2009 album "Battle Studies"
Directed by Anthony Mandler
(3.38)




COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment