Wednesday, November 18, 2009

NORAH JONES-- "The Fall" (Rating 4/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(One of this week's "Featured Artists")

NORAH JONES has had stellar success as a female jazz artist having sold more than 36 million albums worldwide. Her inimitable style of Blues intermixed with soul, folk, and country elements have scored her several Grammy Awards, including Record of the Year ("Come Away With Me") and Best New Artist. On her new project, JONES somewhat abandons her formula for a new sound that is similar to what a crossbreed between Dido and Portishead would sound like.

"The Fall" surprised me and is definitely an album that I like. Ryan Adams, Jacquire King, Will Sheff, and Jesse Harris are a few of the people who contributed their work on this album. I love music that's mellow and at the same time mysterious. JONES brings that perfectly on songs like "Even Though", "I Wouldn't Need You", and "You've Ruined Me". As always, her vocal ability shines through very noticeably strong. "Back to Manhattan" I relate to almost a little too much...I've been in that situation before where I had to return to NYC and pretend like "nothing ever happened"...if it hadn't been for my Babyboi, I probably wouldn't have had a great time upon my return trip. That's why the song "Man of the Hour" speaks out to me...he really is what the theme of this song is about. ..and not just the "Hour"...but the rest of my life.

Awesome album...and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Songs that I Really Enjoyed from the Album:
• Chasing Pirates
• Even Though
• Light As a Feather
• I Wouldn't Need You
• It's Gonna Be
• You've Ruined Me
• Stuck
• Tell Yer Mama
• Can't Stop (Amazon Exclusive)

From NORAH JONES' new album "The Fall", here's "Back to Manhattan..."



From the same album, here's "Man of the Hour..."



BONUS TRACKS
(iTunes Store)
• It's Gonna Be (Live at The Living Room)
• Waiting (Live at The Living Room)
• You've Ruined Me (Live at The Living Room)
• Jesus, Etc. (Live at The Living Room)
• Cry, Cry, Cry (Live at The Living Room)
• Strangers (Live at The Living Room)


NORAH JONES
"Chasing Pirates"
From the 2009 album "The Fall”
Directed by Rich Lee
(2.41)




COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment