Tuesday, December 8, 2009

GUCCI MANE-- "The State vs. Radric Davis" (Rating 2/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Can somebody please give me back the several minutes I lost for listening to this ridiculous album? My IQ seriously dropped SEVERAL points thanks to this record. GUCCI MANE is one of the most hyped up rappers in the game...and for what reason exactly? Nothing that comes out his mouth can be called genius. It's all the same monotonous bragging that can be found on another untalented rapper's album...leaving no room for differentiation because they have nothing else new to talk about.

GUCCI MANE...who originally had the name tag "murderer" following him around...has been recently sent to jail upon violating his probation after pleading "no contest" for an assault made against a nightclub promoter. I am very happy about this...I can't even front...but it's not like I can say he'll go away and stop assaulting MY EARS with his inanity because we all know that when a rapper goes to jail, they STILL get to release the same annoying music. I suffered through listening to "The State vs. Radric Davis" and its total twenty-six tracks on two discs because I simply never found this person to be the least bit talented. GUCCI MANE's rapping abilities are subpar and I'm relatively tired of hearing the same lines about being "Wasted" and how many cars are claimed to be had! That's not what Hip-Hop is to me...especially when we all know you ain't doing nothing with yourself to get out of the Projects you were conceived in.

"The State vs. Radric Davis" is one of those albums that could've easily gotten a "Zero Rating" from me had it not been for the production behind it...and even that isn't all that great. Even the song featuring Keyshia Cole entitled "Bad Bad Bad" isn't anything wonderful, no offense to her. It just isn't innovative...and it really doesn't do anything for me accept make me cringe. As I aforementioned, the DELUXE EDITION of this album contains TWO DISCS. The SECOND DISC features the EP "Wasted: The Prequel", which contains a second remix to the lead single "Wasted" featuring OJ Da Juiceman. (The original version of this song includes Plies, while another remix contains verses from Lil' Wayne, Jadakiss, and Birdman). The only song I enjoyed minutely from this album was the track "Photoshoot", only because of the production.

I apologize if this review makes me biased...but I will have to say that "The State vs. Radric Davis" would've been better for me if he was excluded altogether from the tracks. GUCCI MANE really isn't doing anything for me to consider him in the least bit interesting...

Songs that I Somewhat Enjoyed from the Album:
• Heavy
• Stupid Wild featuring Cam'ron and Lil' Wayne
• All About the Money featuring Rick Ross
• Lemonade
• Spotlight featuring Usher
• Bingo featuring Soulja Boy Tell 'Em and Waka Flocka Flame
• Volume featuring Wooh da Kid
• Photoshoot (From "Wasted: The Prequel" EP)

From GUCCI MANE's new album "The State vs. Radric Davis", here's "Kush Is My Cologne..."



From the same album, here's "Classical (Intro...)"



BONUS TRACKS
(Deluxe Edition ["Wasted: The Prequel" EP])
• Wasted (Remix) featuring OJ da Juiceman
• Shirt Off featuring 1017 Brick Squad
• She Got a Friend featuring Juelz Santana and Big Boi
• I'm a Dog featuring DG Yola
• Bricks featuring Yung Ralph and Yo Gotti

GUCCI MANE
"Lemonade"
From the album "The State vs. Radric Davis"
Directed by Mr. Boomtown
(4.16)




COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment