Tuesday, December 8, 2009

CHRIS BROWN-- "Graffiti" (Rating 0/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(This week's "FAILURE")

You know...I was really hoping that I didn't have to put this kid on blast...but this album is unapologetic, dismissive, and acidic. It uses Autotune WAY too much...and it's not heartfelt. CHRIS BROWN has officially fallen off the radar for me...and it's not entirely because of what happened earlier this year...it's because he really is not a talented singer. He may be able to dance...but at this point, he might as well be someone's back-up dancer because I will no longer be interested in knowing whether he's alive or dead...both in the music industry and in real life.

I think this is the SECOND time I've reviewed an album where I considered every track (with the exception of one) complete garbage...as well as the VERY FIRST TIME I am giving a "Zero Rating". And remember what I said a couple weeks ago...this has NOTHING to do with what happened between BROWN and Rihanna...I just happen to have an incredible ear when it comes to music and fishing out the bullshit that most people consider "pleasant" and "amazing".

BROWN took a different musical direction with his latest album "Graffiti" ...and it absolutely does NOT fit him. This album is driven by ballads...whether they be soft or mid-tempo...and none of them seem to evoke any emotion out of me accept sheer regret that I actually gave them the time of day. The "tougher" songs on the album ("I Can Transform Ya" featuring Lil' Wayne and Swizz Beatz and "Wait" featuring Trey Songz and Game) aren't nearly as thought-provoking as his earlier songs "Kiss Kiss" featuring T-Pain and "Gimme That". BROWN tries to give the audience "sad puppy-dog eyes" in the form of unbearable music that sounds altogether like derivatives from his last mega-hit "Forever" ...and trust me, the bubble-gum pop/electronica sound is not working in his favor. "Crawl", "Lucky Me", and "Chase Our Love" are songs used to garner forgiveness from fans that have already dumped him in the trash where he belongs.

For the sake of not going overboard and ripping this kid the vagina he deserves, I will focus on something that will make my tirade on "Graffiti" straight-to-the-point. There is a song on the album called "Famous Girl" ...and I consider this to be yet another "bruise" on Rihanna's already battered soul. In the lyrics, BROWN states "Keri would've said my love "Knocks [her] Down"/Keyshia would've told me I was "sent from heaven"/Sorry B, I don't wear no "Halo"/You were the first to play the game though/Sorry I "bust the windows of your car"/I might have cheated in the beginning/I was wrong for writing "Disturbia"/But I meant it in "Forever"/We were supposed to be together/And I can't let you go...Yes some "famous girls" will break your heart/...Now I hope you're happy being "famous girl..." THIS is why I say CHRIS BROWN isn't remorseful for anything he did. This is the most appalling thing he's ever said and those who think otherwise should get the living shit beat out of them as well. Absolutely ridiculous...as if other songs like "Sing Like Me" and "Take My Time" featuring Tank weren't overbearingly pretentious enough.

Collaborators include Lil' Wayne, Swizz Beatz, DJ Khaled, Plies, Tank, Eva Simons, Trey Songz, Game, Lupe Fiasco, Ester Dean, and Sean Paul. Producers range from The Runners to The Messengers and from Polow Da Don to Scott Storch...and despite ALL of this, "Graffiti" will be whitewashed from EVERYONE's mind (including MINE), I guarantee it. CHRIS BROWN's voice just isn't man enough to carry over the confusing beats on this album...leaving him inaudible and lost...which, in my eyes, is a very good thing if it means he gets to go away for good.

One final thing...I've read in so many formats the ignorance of some of the fans out there. Many support CHRIS BROWN...and that's fine...go ahead and act like you've sucked his dick long enough to know the type of person he really is. And since most of you seem to be naive about the release of this album...here are some MORE facts. "Graffiti" was prematurely released. Jive Records had no intention of releasing the album until most of the media hype around BROWN's domestic violence case died down..at that time, it was scheduled to be released sometime in the first quarter of 2010. BROWN...being the pompous little boy he is...decided to release "I Can Transform Ya" and "Crawl" on his own! That's the only reason why this album is seeing the light of day so soon. HE released the singles on his own accord based on cowardice AGAINST his label's request. Jive Records, in the end, had no choice but to up the release of "Graffiti". So before we blame anything on the label...get the facts straight. CHRIS BROWN is the ONLY ONE who can be held RESPONSIBLE if this album flops...and if his CAREER AS A WHOLE gets sent straight to Hell. Most people do not even want him on their OWN album...for instance, Jordin Sparks...and more recently announced...TIMBALAND. CHRIS BROWN was supposed to be featured on Timbaland's "...Shock Value II" on a track alongside Keri Hilson entitled "The One I Love". Instead, Timbaland replaced BROWN with the more-talented rapper D.O.E. And "Graffiti" was leaked to the Internet before its release! AND some of the shows in his so-called "Fan Appreciation Tour" were cancelled because hardly anyone bought tickets!!

Still think CHRIS BROWN is worth anything?

(By the way...thanks Babyboi for keeping me updated on all this information!)

Songs that I Enjoyed from the Album:
NONE!

From CHRIS BROWN's new album "Graffiti", here's the song "Wait" featuring Trey Songz and Game...



From the same album, here's "Fallin' Down..."



CHRIS BROWN
"Crawl"
From the album "Graffiti"
Directed by Joseph Kahn
(3.56)





BONUS TRACKS
(Deluxe Version)
• Gotta Be Your Man
• For Ur Love
• I Need This
• I Love You featuring Ester Dean
• Brown Skin Girl featuring Sean Paul
• Chase Our Love

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment