Tuesday, March 2, 2010

RAHEEM DeVAUGHN-- "The Love & War MasterPeace" (Rating 5/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(One of this week's FEATURED ARTISTS)

This could very well be one of the best R&B/Neo-Soul albums being released this year...it may be too early to tell...but what could honestly top what RAHEEM DeVAUGHN has come up with? Twenty songs combined with seven interludes over two discs equals a true hypnotizing and psychedelic experience that only DeVAUGHN himself can give to his audience. This project speaks about the troubles in the world...about love, commitment, and struggle...and about finding out who you are deep down inside.

DeVAUGHN titled his latest effort The Love & War MasterPeace "because I feel that where I am as a person and where we are as a people, we are all trying to master that internal peace and happiness in a very strange time." That makes complete sense to me...I mean, when you hear this album, it really does narrow in on some very touchy subjects. The lead single Bulletproof featuring Ludacris is proof of that. What really hits home are the tracks Soldier Story, Revelations 2010 featuring Damian Marley, and Nobody Wins a War...which contains a HUGE list of collaborators including Jill Scott, Bilal, Anthony Hamilton, Algebra, Chrisette Michele, Shelby Johnson, Ledisi, Citizen Cope, Dwele, Chico DeBarge, and Rudy Currence. Other guest appearances include Wale (The Greatness), Malik Yusif (Fragile), Bun B (Wing & A Prayer), and Phil Ade' (Lose Control).

DeVAUGHN doesn't disappoint those who have enjoyed the sultriness in his music. Some of my favorite tracks include B.O.B. and Calling Me. Bedroom, Microphone, and Hopeless Romantic are also enjoyable...but it's the tracks I Don't Care and Black & Blue that really describe how I feel towards being in a relationship...especially the one I'm in right now. DeVAUGHN has a way of making incredible "bedroom music" without having to defile the art of love-making like most other artists do (i.e., R, Kelly, Trey Songz, Pretty Ricky [I hope you're happy I mentioned them], etc.)

I am very pleased with this album...and even though I don't have money to spend, I most likely will be buying the DELUXE VERSION of The Love & War MasterPeace. Keep that in mind if you decide to purchase the album...I mentioned earlier that it contains a total of 27 tracks...that's only if you buy the DELUXE VERSION...trust me, it is definitely WORTH it.

SONGS that I ABSOLUTELY 100% LOVED from THE LOVE & WAR MASTERPEACE:
• Bulletproof featuring Ludacris
• The Greatness featuring Wale
• I Don't Care
• Mr. Right
• Fragile featuring Malik Yusif
• My Wife
• Bedroom
• Microphone
• Garden of Love
• Nobody Wins a War featuring Jill Scott, Bilal, Anthony Hamilton, Algebra, Chrisette Michele, Shelby Johnson, Ledisi, Citizen Cope, Dwele, Chico DeBarge, and Rudy Currence
• Revelations 2010 featuring Damian Marley
• Wing & A Prayer featuring Bun B (DV)
• Super Hero (DV)
• Hopeless Romantic (DV)
• Lose Control featuring Phil Ade' (DV)
• XOXO (DV)

From RAHEEM DeVAUGHN's new album, here's the song "Black & Blue..."



BONUS TRACKS
(Any aforementioned song that contains a "DV" means that they appear on the DELUXE VERSION of the album!)

RAHEEM DeVAUGHN featuring Ludacris
Bulletproof
From the Love & War MasterPeace album
Directed by Todd Angkasuwan
(3.55)




COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment