Saturday, March 27, 2010

JUSTIN BIEBER-- "My World 2.0" (Rating 4/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

When JUSTIN BIEBER came out with his seven-track debut album My World a few months ago, I was quick to dismiss him. I wasn't impressed and I didn't see what the Hell everyone was making a big deal about. THEN I found out that he was releasing a second "installment" of his debut album and soon enough the lead single Baby featuring Ludacris appeared on the radio. I still may not care about this little boy and whatever it is he releases...but I will admit that My World 2.0 isn't so much filled with the adolescent views of a fifteen-year old little kid who doesn't know what life is really about...it's actually slightly mature.

My World 2.0 comes as a shock to me because I related to some of the songs...not completely...but still enough to realize that this kid has some potential. And I won't deny that. The production value is MUCH more appealing than what was released prior to this album. The ballads are on point and offer some very adult views on matters of love and not giving a care about anything else. I'll also give him props for co-writing ALL the tracks on the album...that's impressive since established artists somehow forgot the concept of a pen and a pad. But, of course, one track has to be atrocious to me...and that is the collaboration with Sean Kingston called Eenie Meenie. Took me back to kindergarten for a second when I heard the line "...catch a bad chick by her toe..." Really? And Sean Kingston should begin to realize already that he has no credibility anymore as a relevant artist. Other than that, Up and That Should Be Me standout a lot because of the content and sound...especially the latter track where JUSTIN BIEBER elevates his vocals to a place where I haven't heard them at before.

I may be unwilling to get caught up in a "tween" phenomenon...but I will give credit where it is deserved. JUSTIN BIEBER is on a good path to having a fruitful music career...and I can't wait to see where he goes when he grows up a little bit more.

Songs that I Enjoyed from My World 2.0:
• Baby featuring Ludacris
• Somebody to Love
• U Smile
• Runaway Love
• Overboard featuring Jessica Jerrell

From JUSTIN BIEBER's latest album "My World 2.0", here's the song "Stuck in the Moment..."



From the same album, here's "That Should Be Me..."



BONUS TRACKS
(iTunes Store)
• Kiss & Tell

(WalMart Store)
• Where Are You Now



COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment