Tuesday, March 2, 2010

JASON DERULO's self-titled DEBUT ALBUM (Rating 5/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I believe it to be completely true what my blogging partner (and love of my life) said about JASON DERÜLO...he is definitely set to be Chris Brown's replacement. At first, I didn't like the lead single Whatcha Say because it reminded me of every other "Hood Pop" -sounding song I've disliked so far. It wasn't until the second single In My Head was released that I gained interest in knowing more about what DERÜLO's debut album was going to sound like. Even though there are only nine tracks...all of them are staples of how successful this young man is going to become.

Born to Haitian parents, DERÜLO (whose last name is actually spelled Desrouleaux...same pronunciation) had always been active in the arts ever since he was a little kid. He has written and produced music for several artists before settling down to work on his debut. The lead single became a #1 hit...while his second peaked at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100. The songs on the album don't all carry the current sound that is contemporary R&B music. Songs like What If and Encore show how versatile DERÜLO can be with his music, whereas Blind really shows his vocal capabilities. One track that's a standout to me is Strobelight ...a song that carries a high-energy dance sound similar to Brown's Forever but TEN TIMES BETTER! (Strobelight is only available on the UK Version of this album.)

DERÜLO hit a high rating from me because he is really talented and the album is an amazing effort for him. I'm really glad to see someone else taking over that way we can all put to rest the atrocity that was...well, you know. He's already gone on tour with Lady Gaga to promote his album...and I'm already anticipating to hear what future work he may have for other artists...as well as himself.

SONGS that I ENJOYED from JASON DERÜLO:
• Whatcha Say
• Ridin' Solo
• In My Head
• The Sky's the Limit
• Love Hangover
• Fallen

From JASON DERULO's self-titled debut album (UK VERSION), here's the song "Strobelight..."



BONUS TRACKS
(iTunes Store)
• Strobelight (UK Version)
• Queen of Hearts
• Whatcha Say (Acoustic Version)
• In My Head (Rhythm Remix)

JASON DERÜLO
In My Head
From the Jason Derülo album
Directed by Kai Crawford
(3.31)




COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment