Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TAIO CRUZ-- "Rokstarr" (RATING 2/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I definitely needed a snooze button for this review. It's pretty ironic that I would say this considering that this album is nothing but high-energy dance cuts that will cater to the tween audience of America...but for those who want a "grown-up" taste in music, I extend my apologies to you right now. Britain's own TAIO CRUZ should've stayed overseas...it doesn't matter to me that he hit #1 with his breakout American-side debut Break Your Heart featuring Ludacris because of the simple fact that his sound is outdated. Why hasn't anyone learned to leave the electronica/hip-hop sound to artists like Akon? This is a trend that needs to be broken up quickly...I'm already boycotting the industry in the sense that I'm not wasting money on amateurish garbage that keeps getting spewed out to audiences who crave something with a little more substance.

Putting a derivative on the phrase "rock star" doesn't make you a genius or a rebel...it makes me not want to take you seriously as an artist because I already know that what you have to offer is nothing but nonsense. (And I really don't feel like adding words to my "spell check" dictionary because someone thought they were cute!) Rokstarr is completely unimaginative...for the sake of this review, I did cycle through the album to find tracks that I enjoyed...which ended up being the more ballad-driven rhythms from the entire project. Having Ke$ha talk about taking a Dirty Picture doesn't give you credibility...it just brings a god-awful stench and unintelligence to a song that's already the wrong type of sensory overload because of the meaning behind it. I will say that TAIO CRUZ created cuts of which I felt the deeper meaning to...but even those songs about losing someone and yearning for them afterwards fail to bring anything new to the table. The lyrics are all the same...and it doesn't impress me at all. Fabolous appears on the remix to Dirty Picture...wrong move, son...enough said. Everything else in between is lackluster, at best.

TAIO CRUZ isn't someone who I believe can come from overseas and "WOW!" the audiences for a long time. Give him, at the most, ONE more album and he'll be gone. Leave the real Rokstarr...ahem, ROCK STAR...name to those who are more deserving!

SONGS that I MINUTELY ENJOYED from ROKSTARR:
• Come On Girl featuring Luciana
• Higher
• Feel Again

From TAIO CRUZ' new album ROKSTARR, here's the song "No Other One..."



From the same album, here's "I'll Never Love Again..."



BONUS TRACKS
(iTunes Store)
• Feel Again
• Break Your Heart (Mixin' Marc and Tony Svedja Remix) featuring Ludacris
• Dirty Picture featuring Ke$ha and Fabolous

TAIO CRUZ featuring Ke$ha
Dirty Picture
From the ROKSTARR album
Directed by N/A
(3.40)



COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment