Wednesday, June 9, 2010

JUAN LUIS GUERRA-- "A Son De Guerra" (RATING 4/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I learn about different music every day of my life...and I can't be more fulfilled with the knowledge I gain. JUAN LUIS GUERRA is another artist on my list of people I wasn't entirely too familiar with. Thanks to my Babyboi (who continues to expose me to new things in the music world), I decided to tackle writing this review on this legend's newest album A Son de Guerra. I'm, yet again, very happy that I did.

For those who know this performer's style of music, you'll be happy to hear that it hasn't been drastically changed in an effort to "Wow!" the audience with something new. He sticks to what he knows and does it well...especially on the blending of different genres. This is an album that doesn't adhere to one style of Latin music. Instead, you'll find a perfect blend of bachata, merengue, bolero, jazz, and salsa from beginning to end. Juanes appears on a track worthy enough of being a #1 hit entitled La Calle. Speaking of #1s, this track immediately became one of my favorites without knowing about it having already spent three consecutive weeks atop the charts. Bachata en Fukuoka has that noticeable amount of beautiful rhythms and emotions I look for in a song. Other songs of great worth are Lola's Mambo featuring Chris Botti and Mi Bendicion.

As time passes, I will become more familiar with the artists that matter the most. JUAN LUIS GUERRA will continue to be on my radar from now on after listening to A Son de Guerra. I really don't see him having any trouble at all debuting at the top of the Latin charts next week when the Soundscan numbers come in.

SONGS I TRULY ENJOYED from A SON DE GUERRA:
• No Aparecen
• La Guagua
• Apaga y Vamonos
• Son Al Rey
• Cayo Arena
• Arregla Los Papeles
• Lola's Mambo featuring Chris Botti
• Caribbean Blues

From JUAN LUIS GUERRA's newest album "A Son de Guerra", here's the track "La Calle" featuring Juanes...









The BABYBOICAMPBELLS REVIEW will return NEXT WEEK TUESDAY, JUNE 15th with BRAND NEW REVIEWS on UPCOMING ALBUMS from DRAKE, KEVIN RUDOLF, and CASE!

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment