Wednesday, June 9, 2010

LIL JON-- "Crunk Rock" (RATING 4/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(One of this week's FEATURED ARTISTS)

I retract all of my previous statements and feeling towards this album. When you hear the title Crunk Rock, what do you think of? I thought this was gonna be a spin-off to Lil' Wayne's Rebirth album. Instead, it is a party album unlike any other I've heard from LIL' JON. What Pitbull tried to do with Rebelution, LIL JON does it ten times better. I am completely blown away and I have to admit there were several times I had to get up and dance while trying to write this review!

The album starts off with a remix to Throw It Up which didn't really do much for me. For me, Crunk Rock kicks off once the song On De Grind featuring Stephen and Damian Marley begins. What thrills me about this album is the high-energy production behind it...most of which was done by LIL JON himself. I may not condone the lyricism behind the album...but these are the types of song that when you hear them in the club, the last thing one will care about is the meaning behind the words in the song! Like a Stripper featuring Pleasure P and Shawty Putt is my FAVORITE song from the entire album, alongside Moist...a sexy R&B track featuring Oobie. What a Night featuring Claude Kelly has David Guetta written all over it...I even had to go back and say that I liked the song Shots featuring LMFAO which I previously disliked when their album came out last year.

A lot of critics are giving this album a poor rating...but you know what? LIL JON has become one of several candidates for "Best Album of the Year" in MY review because he switched it up unexpectedly for an awesome result...to be honest with you, what LIL JON did before annoyed me beyond comprehension...but CRUNK ROCK definitely has a place on my iPod and in the clubs for what it is. For those of you wanna get "crunk", I highly advise you to get this album!

SONGS that I REALLY ENJOYED from CRUNK ROCK:
• Get In Get Out
• Pop Dat Pussy featuring Blazed (Bonus Track)
• Outta Your Mind featuring LMFAO
• Ms. Chocolate featuring R. Kelly and Mario
• Every Freakin' Night featuring Naadei (Bonus Track)
• Shots featuring LMFAO
• Work It Out featuring Pitbull
• Machuka featuring Mr. Catra and Murder File (Bonus Track)
• Hey featuring 3OH!3

From LIL JON's newest album "Crunk Rock", here's "Moist" featuring Oobie...









From the same album, here's "Like a Stripper" featuring Pleasure P and Shawty Putt...



BONUS TRACKS
(Deluxe Edition)
• Pop Dat Pussy featuring Blazed (Bonus Track)
• Every Freakin' Night featuring Naadei (Bonus Track)
• Machuka featuring Mr. Catra and Murder File (Bonus Track)
• Moist featuring Oobie
• What a Night featuring Claude Kelly
• Fall Out featuring Travis Porter

LIL JON featuring R. KELLY and MARIO
Ms. Chocolate
From the CRUNK ROCK album
Directed by N/A
(3.24)



COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment