Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PLAN B-- "House of Pleasure" (RATING 4/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wouldn't necessarily say I received "pleasure" from this album...but I will say PLAN B gets a "thumbs-up" in my book for creating a Reggaeton album I completely adored from start to finish. House of Pleasure doesn't sample the same beats over and over again. It doesn't borrow from every possible type of Latin music. It doesn't contain 21 guest appearances either. It's a straight-up throwback to the way Reggaeton used to sound back when it reached in peak several years ago.

House of Pleasure gives us the true sound of Reggaeton while blending some of the more modern sounds that have made for such a distinct departure from the norm. For the first time in a long time, an album came along that didn't have me despising artists that I have looked up to for close to a decade now. Tito "El Bambino", RKM y Ken-Y, De La Ghetto, and more make appearances on this album. Some of the more memorable tracks for me are Lloras. Mis Canciones Hablan De Sexo featuring J-King and Maximan couldn't be any more bolder. Definitely makes me wanna grind up against that special someone. Other songs I enjoyed were Es Un Secreto and the title track for the album.

PLAN B may not really be on many people's radar...but this album should definitely be given a listen. No overuse of Auto-tune or electronic sounds, House of Pleasure was able to break through a long drought for me and this genre. I'm very pleased and I hope that they do well next week as the album debuts on the chart!

Songs I ENJOYED from House of Pleasure:
• Tarde En La Noche
• Porque Te Demoras?
• La Nena de Papa featuring Tito "El Bambino"
• Si No Le Contesto
• El Amor No Existe
• Nos Fuimos Discoteca
• Parisera featuring De La Ghetto
• Que Me Paso
• House of Pleasure

From PLAN B's new album "House of Pleasure", here's the song "Lloras" featuring RKM y Ken-Y...









From the same album, here's "Es Un Secreto..."









THE BABYBOICAMPBELLS REVIEW is ever evolving...next week, a different direction is gonna be taken with the reviews...let's see if you notice it. DRU HILL and FAT JOE are next up...check back here on TUESDAY, JULY 27th, 2010 for the latest news on your FAVORITE ARTISTS...

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment