Tuesday, January 12, 2010

OMARION-- "Ollusion" (Rating 1/5)

Photobucket

Photobucket

(This week's "FAILURE")

It has been a few years since we last heard from OMARION. The former B2K lead singer has picked up Grammy nominations, movie roles, and his own label by the name of StarWorld Entertainment along the way since his solo debut back in 2005. Unfortunately for him, OMARION's third studio album Ollusion is just like any other R&B album we've heard in recent months...leaving me to truly believe what my Babyboi says...when you are out of the spotlight for too long, it is difficult to come back and expect to be welcomed with open arms...

For "true" fans of OMARION, they won't care about the words in this review. But when I realize that an artist tries to sounds like Trey Songz, Jeremih, Chris Brown, and Mario ALL on one album, I have to be upfront about it. If we are looking for hard-hitting singles like "Ice Box", look elsewhere because you will not find them on Ollusion. Instead, you will hear the same outdated boasting about "moves in the bedroom" (Trey Songz' I Invented Sex vs. OMARION's Wet) ...the same Imma Star -play on words (Jeremih vs. Hoodie featuring Jay Rock) ...and the same excessively begging guitar solo in a chorus (Chris Brown's Take You Down vs. Speedin'). And don't even get me started on the songs that try WAY too hard to be cunning like Last Night (Kinkos) and I Think My Girl Is Bi. Another thing rather annoying about this album is the fact that OMARION uses the guttural approach to singing (evident in lead single I Get It In featuring Gucci Mane and Code Red) instead of just singing naturally like he does on the song What Do You Say.

253 were the main producers for this album along with Tank, Maddscientist, T-Pain, Marques Houston, and Tha Drummahz...still didn't do anything grand, though. Coincidentally, the songs I mentioned above are the actual HIGHLIGHTS I picked to promote this album...so what does that tell you? If I have something critical to say about THOSE songs...imagine everything else on the album...but I'm not gonna go there. I think by now you get the picture. Maybe if he would've stayed with Lil' Wayne's label Young Money Entertainment things would be different...or at least get Timbaland back to produce another amazing song for you. Either way, OMARION became 2010's SECOND "FAILURE" when it comes to the BabyboiCampbells Review...

At least his dancing's still on point!

Songs that I Somewhat Enjoyed from the Album:
• I Think My Girl Is Bi

From OMARION's new album "Ollusion", here's "What Do You Say..."



From the same album, here's "Wet..."




OMARION featuring Gucci Mane
I Get It In
From the Ollusion album
Directed by Omarion
(3.05)





OMARION featuring Jay Rock
Hoodie
From the Ollusion album
Directed by N/A
(4.12)




OMARION
Speedin'
From the Ollusion album
Directed by N/A
(3.52)




REVIEW COMING UP TBA...POSSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
KERI HILSON-- "...In a Perfect World (I Like Edition)"
TONI BRAXTON-- (TBC)
LIL' WAYNE-- "Rebirth"
SADE-- "Soldier of Love"

Yes...it seems that after today (with the exception of some Billboard Blogs and other material that may present itself), the BABYBOICAMPBELLS REVIEW will go on another hiatus. We plan on returning anywhere between Tuesday, January 26th through Tuesday, February 8th...the reason for this being that there aren't too many albums being released at the moment...

...at least ones that catch our attention...

But don't worry...notice will be made as far as our return goes...and trust me, things are only gonna get even BETTER from here on out!

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Written by Felix-Lee "Campbells" Andrades, III

No comments:

Post a Comment